As winter comes, concern is growing as Indiana hospitals, intensive care units and emergency rooms are filling with COVID-19 patients.
- If necessary, plans for a COVID-19 field hospital at the Genesis Convention Center in Gary are “still on the table” if needed, a health official said.
- As winter comes, concern is growing as Indiana hospitals, intensive care units and emergency rooms are filling with COVID-19 patients.
- For my second COVID-19 test, I paid less attention to my initial concerns in August and more attention to the workers at the medical facility who tested positive for politeness and professionalism.
- Similar to the School Town of Highland, the Lake Central School Corp. moved online last month partially because of staffing issues. The district will join the School Town of Highland in a return to in-person learning Dec. 7, according to a tweet from the district.
Most read in Suburbs
Editors’ picks in Suburbs
- News updates from the Post-Tribune delivered every Monday and Wednesday afternoon.
Chicago Tribune Articles group 5
- Performers will wear masks when not playing and cover their instruments with bell covers, as well as standing 6 to 10 feet apart, and the audience can listen from their cars nearby.“We’ve got to bask in these little victories,” said Aimee Tomasek, chair of VU’s art department and one of the event’s organizers.
- The two other bids fell below the minimum bid price, officials said. They were from Gary Development Partners LLC, Michigan City, $101,000, and Wildcat Management LLC, Gilbert, Illinois, $100,000.
- The Lake County Council and the Lake County Sheriff expressed concerns after the Commissioners voted to table a purchase request for thermometer kiosks, which are considered personal protective equipment.
- “The Wednesdays are invaluable. I haven’t talked to a single colleague who’s said, ‘Oh, it’s not a big deal,’” she said.
- Key locations depicted in the movie "A Christmas Story" are often-overlooked residential landmarks in Hammond’s established neighborhoods.
- Let me assure you that “nerds” are in demand and that job prospects for you never have been better — along with handsome starting salaries.
Chicago Tribune Articles group 3
- Sophomore guard Jamie Hodges, who averaged 14 points, three assists, and two steals last season, is an electrifying presence for Michigan City.
- The School Town of Highland began the school year online. And then it switched to in-person learning. And then it switched back to online. Soon, it will return to in-person again.
- Indiana has topped 6,000 confirmed or suspected COVID-19 deaths with the state also recording a new high for average daily coronavirus fatalities amid the ongoing infection surge.
- As the city of Lake Station readies its first tax increment finance district, school district officials hope it won’t cost them revenue.
- At Archie’s Auto Recycling in South Haven, cursing workers and generous customers collected $1,700 this year to donate to Gabriel’s Horn ag8亚集团官方网站homeless shelter for women and children.