The Chicago area's first Amazon Fresh grocery store opens Dec. 10 in Naperville, bringing a high-tech shopping experience and low prices.
- Q&A with Michael Kristula, owner of the new Treasures store on Washington Street in downtown Naperville.
- Naperville police are investigating an incident Thursday night in which an apartment and a vehicle were struck by gunfire on the city’s west side.
- The Chicago area's first Amazon Fresh grocery store opens Dec. 10 in Naperville, bringing a high-tech shopping experience and low prices.
- Republican state Sen. Jim Oberweis launched a discovery recount Thursday after unofficial results from the Nov. 3 general election showed him losing by 5,374 votes to first-term U.S. Rep. Lauren Underwood.
- Preparations are being made in the Naperville area to distribute the vaccine that could quell the COVID-19 pandemic, but details remain vague about when it will arrive and how it will be distributed, officials said.
- There were 51 inmates in the affected pod and 574 inmates at the Will County Adult Detention Facility as of Thursday, said Kathleen Hoffmeyer, a spokeswoman for the sheriff’s office.
Most read in Suburbs
Editors’ picks in Suburbs
Chicago Tribune Articles group 6
- Joe Biden won Illinois by nearly 17 percentage points, 57.4% to 40.7%; Sen. Richard Durbin sailed to re-election over Republican Mark Curran 54.5% to 38.8%; and the graduated income tax fell by a not-insignificant margin of 53.4% to 46.6%. However, break the vote behind those landslides into the smallest electoral pieces — precincts — and a more nuanced picture emerges.
- Here's a look at holiday light displays at Six Flags Great America in Gurnee, Morton Arboretum Illumination in Lisle, the Farnsworth House in Plano and Santa’s Rock N Lights at the Lake County Fairgrounds in Grayslake.
- Here are some of the comments people submitted to the Naperville City Council in reference to the proposed face mask mandate, the number of which set a new council record.
- Tony Baranek talks to Southland standouts Jenna Badali (Mother McAuley) and Taylor Gugliuzza (Lincoln-Way West) about starring at Lewis.
- Little Barn Baby, HaVana women's boutique and Treasures, which sells toys, games and puzzles, opened alongside each other in November in the first block of South Washington Street in downtown Naperville.
- Nearly four months after permitting the recreational sale of cannabis, the Naperville City Council could take a second look at pot industry-related businesses prohibited in the city.
Chicago Tribune Articles group 3
- The Special Events and Cultural Events Commission will figure how to divvy up $879,009 for events in 2021 that are requesting more than $1.9 million in funding from the city of Naperville.
- Jaden McGill, a two-way star at Oak Park-River Forest, is weathering the adjustment well after transferring to Naperville Central.
- Customers turned out to support Naperville's small downtown shops on Small Business Saturday, some patiently waiting outside some stores because capacity was limited to 25% due to COVID-19 restrictions.
- Naper Settlement plans to try out new events in 2021 that officials hope will return big crowds to the Naperville history museum grounds.
- Batara said the agency lost about $50,000 in funding from the United Way of Will County and a $50,000 grant that provided funding for the Reassurance Calls program.