- How Chicago restaurants are adapting to bring customers back in during the coronavirus pandemic. A running list.
- The Easter egg Bourbon County beers on Chicago shelves are single-distillery expressions of Bourbon County Stout, each aged in one distillery's barrel, instead of a blend.
- Devil Dawgs celebrates 10-year anniversary with a deal before closing its original location
- Three Chicago-area restaurant owners share hard lessons learned, for restaurateurs and customers alike.
- We talked to experts and restaurant owners about their findings, solutions and desires during this time of uncertainty.
- The brewery owners contend the landlord, Rockwell Properties, had been charging them for much more square footage than they were renting.
- The new project opening inside Summer House Santa Monica will offer eight daily soups, each paired with a different kind of bread.
The Chicago Tribune is partnering with The Chopping Block to teach you how to make and decorate cookies like a pro this holiday season.
The daily meal Recipe of the day
Christmas Tree Party Bread With Spinach Ricotta Filling
- Winners announced for the Chicago Tribune's annual Holiday Cookie Contest. The 34th year finds a modern record of entries amid the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Chef Bill Kim is adding a pizza and Parm virtual restaurant, operating out of Michael Jordan’s Restaurant in Oak Brook.
- Maya-Camille Broussard, based in the East Garfield Park neighborhood of Chicago, is the only American business owner featured in "FIVE"
- Former employees of Michelin-starred Acadia in Chicago allege chef Ryan McCaskey fostered a sexualized culture and toxic workplace
- Tents at Formento's and Bar Siena were spray painted with graffiti over the weekend. “I was in tears. It’s all so much,” said Formento's owner.
- With many local bars and restaurants suffering, we’ve compiled some of our favorite merch items, perfect for Small Business Saturday shopping.
- Rick Bayless has never ordered takeout. But now he's adapting his restaurants in a big way to stay viable and to save employee jobs.
Chicago restaurants pivot to delivery, curbside pickup and takeout. Here's our running list.
Grocery store taste tests
- McHenry County’s top prosecutor announced Wednesday that his office will not enforce Gov. J.B. Pritzker’s order to ban indoor dining at restaurants.
- Chicago’s third-tallest skyscraper is getting a new name, just weeks before Vista Tower’s first residents move in. The project’s new moniker, The St. Regis Chicago, comes as the project’s developer brings aboard a new luxury hotel brand and one of Chicago’s best-known restaurant operators.
- Here is a running list of Chicago-area bars and restaurants that have closed for economic reasons due to the coronavirus pandemic.
- Tallying the Bourbon County rankings for Goose Island's 2020 lineup: What do beer writers think of this year's releases?
- Chicago roaster’s role in specialty coffee goes beyond sourcing and brewing. It’s generated an extended family of spinoff roasters
- For a glorious Black Friday pot pie, fill it with turkey and roasted veggies from your leftovers; then whip up an easy sauce to bring it all together.
- The French-inspired restaurant says its last day is Monday and the co-owners are asking customers to visit one last time.
- Sign up for the Tribune’s Food and Dining newsletter
Sign up for the Tribune’s Food and Dining newsletterGet restaurant news, reviews, recipes and more delivered to your inbox weekly.Sign up here